- Get your G1 and then your G2 licence in Ontario in the normal manner.
- Move to Montréal for school.
- Exchange your G2 for a Québec permis probatoire.
- Wait for the permis probatoire to expire. Do not get in any car accidents during this time.
- When the permis probatoire expires, they will give you a full licence.
- Pay the fee (approx. $100) and smile for your photo.
- You never have to take your G test.
Or such is my understanding of my situation, after a phone conversation with someone who works at the SAAQ this afternoon.