A bacon-related death

I used to have the phone number for my little sister’s landlord programmed into my phone. I forget why, exactly, but one day, a couple years ago, I accidentally sent the following text to the landlord’s number rather than my little sister’s:

“I am about to die a bacon-related death.”

My little sister’s landlord replied, “I don’t know who you are, but whoever you are, stop eating bacon!”

Published by

The Grey Literature

This is the personal blog of Benjamin Gregory Carlisle PhD. Queer; Academic; Queer academic. "I'm the research fairy, here to make your academic problems disappear!"

6 thoughts on “A bacon-related death”

  1. After reading this I tried to think of as many bacon-related deaths as possible. All of them are either incredibly awesome or incredibly terrible ways to die.

    Do tell us about your near death experience!

  2. Sounds like what nearly happened to me, and the two (male)crazies in the graphics room next door on Loop. I think between the 3 of us we ate about 4 kilos of bacon. By the end, I was sure my blood was congealing from all the grease.

  3. I can’t remember the details, but I do remember that I ended up with a whole bowl of bacon, and I ate it in one sitting. It was definitely worth it.

    I support you in your decision, Scarlet. :)

  4. You had the number because we were bringing that blasted futon to Caitlin’s apartment and he was going to give us the keys to get in and then give to her.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.