Has this happened to anyone else? I swear, it happens every single time I try to write a blog post on WordPress.
- Type most of a paragraph
- Try to switch to another tab by pressing command-2 or another number
- The WordPress text editor interprets that to mean, “Convert this paragraph to a level-2 heading”
- I press command-Z to undo the accidental formatting
- The WordPress text editor interprets that to mean, “Undo the accidental formatting as well as the last 30 seconds of typing”
- I try pushing command-shift-Z to redo it
- Command-shift-Z does nothing
- Angrily re-type what I already typed, 30 seconds ago
It’s pretty standard across browsers that the keyboard shortcut command-[1–9] selects the [1-9]th open tab in that browser window. This is a bug, not a feature.