Inspired by talks at the 2019 METAxDATA un-conference, I wrote a little meta-research tool to batch extract ClinicalTrials.gov (“NCT”) numbers from PubMed XML search results and test whether they correspond to legitimate entries.
It’s written for Python 3 on elementary OS 5.1, so I can’t guarantee it will work on anything else. I also wrote a paper based on this tool that I’m currently sending to journals for review. If you’re interested in reading a draft, let me know and I’ll be happy to share it with you.
You can get the code from Codeberg! If you try it out or use it for something, let me know!